Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Our Day

 After I put in my notice at work, a few people made comments suggesting that I would get "bored" when I stayed home. This hasn't happened, and I knew it wouldn't, because I just don't think it's possible when you have a toddler.

Here's what our day looked like on Monday:

Elena and I got up at 7 am. We had some oatmeal, got ready for the day, and were out the door at 8:40. I drove to Sherman Oaks to meet a couple of friends for breakfast. Normally I wouldn't even think about making this long of a drive without Jorge or someone else to keep Elena company in the back, since she still hates car rides. But since Nicole now lives out of state and I haven't seen her in forever, I figured I would just have to suck it up. It wasn't easy, Elena fussed the whole way. We got there a little early, around 9:15. We had breakfast with Nicole and Melissa, and Melissa's daughter. It was definitely worth it; we had a good time. We left around 11 am, and luckily Elena fell asleep quickly and slept the whole way home. I was able to lay her down on her nap mat without waking her up (She put the blanket over her face).

I cleaned up the bathroom a little, then I sewed a hole in the elastic part of some maternity pants (I'm in maternity pants now). I read a little bit, then laid down on the couch and fell asleep. Elena took a long nap and woke up at 1 pm.

She had a little tantrum because she wanted her pacifier, and had some trouble calming down (she only gets it at naptime and bedtime now). I put away the clean dishes, then put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. I picked up the kitchen.

I fixed Elena lunch, then she played with the dogs. I changed a poopy diaper. Then I figured I should probably eat, too. She had another little tantrum, I don't remember what it was about.

I made a couple of phone calls. I called Jorge so Elena could talk to him.

I did a load of laundry. I checked the porch and saw that this potty training video had arrived, so I put that in for Elena to watch (it's a little train). It was cute, and Jorge got home while it was on. So we had some play time. Jorge played with the remote control car, and Ginger was barking like crazy at it.

I left Elena with Jorge and went to the grocery store and drug store. I came home and we had dinner. Then more play time (remote control car, hide and seek, tickles, playing catch with the dogs, etc.).

In-between all of this I changed several diapers, put the dogs out to potty then brought them in again, searched the rooms several times to find out what the dogs were up to, checked my email, etc.

I don't expect to get bored at all, ever, especially with another baby on the way. I've actually gotten so used to taking care of Elena Rose that when I do have time to myself, I'm not sure what I want to do with it.

Anyway, that was our day . . . I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment