Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Playtime

I have this entire week off of work, and it's been really nice . . . lots of quality time for all three of us.

Elena's new favorite thing is feeding treats to Ginger and Charlie. She just grabs handfuls of treats from the bag and throws them on the ground. Ginger and Charlie love it too!Charlie was running around inside and Elena was pointing at him and laughing. She loves the dogs.We've been going to the park for the last 3 days since the weather has been so nice. She likes to look for squirrels on the walk and at the park, and a lot of them are really used to being around people so they'll get close (sometimes a little too close).The slide is her favorite thing. She'll go down then want us to help her climb back up so she can go again about 10 or 20 times. Right next to the park there's a big open field, so she likes to go there and run around and play chase. She found a pine cone the other day and I told her, "That's a pine cone. They fall out of the trees." The next day she found a pine cone and held it up to the tree. Then today I asked her to find a pine cone and she did. And she held it up to the tree again. I was proud of her (they learn so quickly!) so I told her to bring the pine cone home. She put it in the seat of her stroller and "helped" me push it. Then about every 10 feet she would stop and walk around to the front to make sure the pine cone was still there.My grandma got me this umbrella for Christmas. Elena saw it and just had to play with it, and she loved it. So for awhile today she and Jorge were hanging out under the umbrella, on the couch.She loves to clean up. I washed a cup for her to play with and she immediately took it to her little kitchen and pretended to wash it in her sink. Then this morning she wanted a baby wipe and I gave it to her and she started wiping down her room.

The flip side of this is that she isn't the biggest fan of getting dirty. She walks up to me all the time with a hair or a piece of fuzz that she wants to throw away. So I wasn't sure how she would respond to finger painting. We've done it for the last two nights before her bath. It's taking some getting used to, but a few more times and she'll get the hang of it. She got some paint on her foot and didn't like it.Then I ended up sticking her entire foot in it. In the middle of the painting tonight she started doing this motion with her hands, which she does when she wants me to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." She's making the "diamond in the sky."This is the finished product from the first night. Pretty impressive, considering she didn't really want to touch the paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment