Monday, January 2, 2012

Projects

We didn't do much for New Year's Eve. I actually didn't even realize it was New Year's and I went to the grocery store at 7 pm, just to find out it was closed. I was never one to really celebrate it, and having a toddler makes it an even smaller event--at least for us. We had a quiet night. We've been pretty busy though.

We laughed the other day because while Elena Rose was napping, I was working with my sewing machine and Jorge was in the backyard cutting wood to build something . . . makes us sound old-fashioned! We sure have been accomplishing a lot, though.

I can't lie, I love to organize things. I completely emptied and reorganized our pantry, which had been building up clutter for the last 2 years, making it impossible to find anything. Here's the before: You wouldn't believe how much had expired, and how much was unopened that we forgot about because we couldn't see it! Here's the after:And I sewed this, which is now my favorite scarfMeanwhile Jorge built the base for Elena's playhouse (a cute little wooden one that I found on Craigslist). He also cleared out the area around it, so she'll have this whole area to play house.And he built this little table to put inside of the playhouse, for her kitchen toys and whatever else she wants to play on it.Now all that's left for the playhouse is painting the base and trim of the house, and decorating around it. She needs a little landscaping, right? I'll post pictures when it's done.

I couldn't do a post without adding pictures of her. All is well!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just catching up on your blog here. Your house is looking great (love all the tiled floors) and Elena is just darling. She's at such a fun age right now, keep enjoying it. Congrats on passing your exam and being licensed! That's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! You're right, this is an incredibly fun age.

    ReplyDelete