Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holidays

I can't believe Christmas is just over a week away! Elena Rose is loving the Christmas decorations. I have a lot of Rudolph and Snoopy ornaments and decorations so it seems like I'm pushing their buttons all day because she wants to hear them again. And there are some that she likes to listen to simultaneously; not exactly easy on the ears.
We decorated a gingerbread house.Whenever people who don't know Jorge meet her, they tell me "She looks just like you!" And I respond with "That's because you haven't met my husband." I know she has my eyes, but she looks just like him, especially when she smiles.It's funny how early kids pick up technology these days. She likes to sit at the computer and push the buttons on the keyboard, and then she messes with the mouse. It's been so cold here! We are bundling up every time we go outside, and she hates it when I put her jacket on, so that's no fun. Today was the first day in awhile that it didn't seem like it was freezing. Okay, I know it's snowing in other places, but it's all relative . . . A few other things . . . Elena loves to clean. Give her a paper towel and she'll immediately start wiping the floor, cabinets, windowsill, whatever's near her. Sometimes she'll put her sippy cup on a coaster.

She loves to dance. The other night I was dancing with her and it was the most exercise I've gotten in a long time. She wouldn't let me sit down, so I was pretty tired by the end.

She has a mouth full of teeth now, and I think more are coming in (she's been fussy the last couple days).

I'm glad the college football season is over . . . but now it's basketball. Seems like I never get a break!

Happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment