Friday, May 3, 2013

Amy Walked Down the Aisle!

Amy got married! And she was a beautiful bride. It was an amazing, fun day. We first got our hair and makeup done in Amy's hotel room.

I took Samuel with me so that I could nurse him. He looked like a little angel while he was sleeping.



Then a limo picked us up and took us to the wedding site, and we were in a bridal suite until go-time. It was a lot of fun.


The bride


Lace her up!


Almost time for the ceremony


Samuel in his first suit


And see? I even combed his hair to the side. Special occasion . . .



The ceremony was beautiful! Makayla (Amy's stepdaughter) was the flower girl, and she waited at the end of the aisle until her grandmother took her hand and walked her to the front. She didn't drop any petals. Then, after Amy was at the front with Philip, Makayla decided that she wanted to throw the petals. So she did. It was adorable.



Here comes the bride





Dora and Samuel. Samuel was held by someone the whole time, and it wasn't me! My arms got a break.


Making their way to the reception


The rare picture that includes both parents



Elena also had so much fun with Sabrina. I think Sabrina got pretty tired. It was hot outside and Elena just wanted to run around in the sun, then she wanted Sabrina to spin her around.





Again, my arms got a break! And Samuel did so well with everyone, he didn't really cry at all. 




A day full of love


The kids had a lot of fun, and there was so much space to run around.




Their first dance

Elena had a blast dancing. She danced with Destiny. They danced and clapped and hugged. They were so cute together.




I had worried about how we would get Samuel asleep, and I thought I would have to leave early, but he got super tired and passed out in Victoria's arms, despite the loud music.


Dancing


If you look closely, you'll see that Elena's in mid-air in this picture.




Wardrobe change!







Bouquet toss



And the garter


Destiny and my mom


Elena and her Auntie Amy


It was such a fun, happy day full of love. 

We learned the next morning that my grandma had died early the day of the wedding. A few people knew, but they didn't tell us so that the wedding wouldn't be full of grief. I totally understand the reasoning for it and I'm glad Amy had a joyous day of celebration and love. I had wondered how my grandma was able to hold on for so long after going into hospice care, barely being able to breathe. And I was convinced that she would pass away before the wedding and that Amy would be sad through the entire day. But I do believe that God has a plan, and that He took her when the time was right. Amy had a wonderful day. I love my grandma and will always miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment