Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One Nasty Bug

Ah, Elena Rose got her first ear infection! Which turned into infections. After a doctor's appointment, two trips to urgent care, two types of antibiotics, and a full-body rash, she is finally showing improvement. She's not 100%, but she's a lot better. Nights have been rough, and I missed 2 days of work and Jorge missed 3 so we could stay home with her. But throughout this awful, painful ordeal she's been quite a trooper, smiling and laughing when the Advil kicked in and she felt better. Here are some pictures of her managing to have some fun between her bouts of discomfort.





I'm looking forward to having a decent night's sleep, but I don't know when that will happen.


On a different note, take a look at our new neighbor. That's right, just outside of our front door a bird decided to build a nest. This means that I'm usually going through the garage instead of the front door so that I don't disturb the poor things; but man, is it inconvenient! I have to admit it's super cute, though, and whenever I'm walking up I see its little neck stretch out to watch me. And I think it's adorable that he built his whole little nest out of tiny twigs (and we got to watch the process) to start a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment