Sunday, April 14, 2013

Relaxing Days at Home

We've had a lot going on lately. We made a last minute trip to Santa Maria to see my grandma. Her health has really deteriorated and she's in hospice care right now. So we drove up there after Jorge got home from work (for his part-time job that he was doing after his day at his full-time job), and stayed with my mom. She was having a really good day when I got to spend a good amount of time with her, so I'm glad I have that. That was one week ago, and right now everything is day-to-day with her.

This weekend we drove up to Santa Maria again for Amy's bridal shower. Next weekend is Amy's bachelorette party, and the following week is her wedding. Busy. Then we've had all of our regular, everyday things going on. So I've enjoyed staying home with Elena more over the last week, opting not to go to some of our usual activities.

I finally got her some water gems (we call them "water balls"). I've been meaning to get some since I saw them on Pinterest, and when I saw them at Joann's I had to buy them. They start out so tiny and then grow when you put them in water. It's for a sensory experience, and I love tactile stuff so I like them as much as she does.


She played with them a lot. 


And this little guy . . . my barnacle. The one who cries when I walk away, tracks me around the room, and reaches for me whenever I walk by him. He wants to be in my arms all the time. And my arms get tired. So I've been wearing him more recently. He likes that. And check out his little cleft chin! 


I love seeing Elena play with him and comfort him. She is such a caring person.


More sibling love. This was at my mom's house this weekend. 


I hope to have some relaxation in the near future. Traveling with kids is hard, I'm not a big fan. But they do enjoy it, even though we come home absolutely exhausted. So hanging out at home is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment