Sunday, April 14, 2013

Amy's Bridal Shower

Amy just got back from Afghanistan a few days ago, and Saturday we had her bridal shower. In 13 days she'll be a married woman!

She saw Samuel once before she left, right before Christmas. That's when she told us she would be in Afghanistan for a few months. He grew a lot since she last saw him.



My great aunts Shirley and Jean were there.

 

They got to see Elena at the very beginning of the party. When we got to my mom's around 11:30 the night before, she woke up and was too excited to go back to sleep, so she was jumping and running around and playing with the dog while I decorated the cupcakes until 1 in the morning. She woke up at her regular time, probably because Samuel wakes us all up, and at the beginning of the bridal shower she had a big frown and was super tired. So she went back to my mom's to take a nap, poor thing. Jorge brought her back when the shower was over, but we were all still hanging out so she didn't know the difference. 

 

Samuel met his great-great-aunts for the first time. 


He also met Victoria. I have to say that he did best when Shirley and Victoria were holding him. Then he just turned into my little barnacle again and wanted to be held by only me. I pretty much went the whole day with him on my hip.



 The cupcakes.


Me and my sisters, and Samuel.


Amy with her friends during one of the games. It was "Who knows the couple best." Everyone guessed right that Amy is the messier one.



 Family picture


Very soon she'll be walking down the aisle.

No comments:

Post a Comment