Sunday, September 23, 2012

Birthdays

The second half of the year is pretty full for us. Elena's birthday is in July, mine is in August, and our wedding anniversary and Jorge's birthday are in September. And our next baby's birthday will likely be in October. (Honestly, I don't know how I could go past my due date; I feel like I'm about to pop!) Then, of course, there's Thanksgiving and Christmas. Busy. It makes the second half of the year a lot of fun, though, and full of celebrations. This year Jorge and I didn't do too much for our birthdays. We wanted to go to the lake on my birthday, but when we got there we found out that the swimming area of the lake is closed on Mondays, so we went to the pool instead. Elena had a blast, though. We had a lot of fun.



Jorge took a whole week off of work to continue working on the bathroom, so he was working hard all day on his birthday. But we did go out to dinner to celebrate, and then our neighbors surprised him with a cake at night. It was a good end to a long day.

Nothing too exciting because we are under the gun right now to do a lot in preparation for our little boy, but we really do have a lot to celebrate this year and we are extremely thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment