Sunday, July 15, 2012

Summer Fun . . .

We're definitely feeling the heat over here! But that means that we're having lots of playtime, water play, barbeque, and tomatoes coming in.

 
 
 

Our backyard is almost entirely shaded, so all of our tomato and pepper plants are in containers (It was the only way to make sure they got enough sunlight).

Some days, though, are too hot to play outside. I'm sure Elena would tolerate it, but I can't!

Here, Elena is reading to her baby. 

When I put her to bed at night I read Goodnight Moon, then I set the book on the floor next to the rocking chair. I think that's what she's doing here.

 I made Elena "cloud dough." It's fun to play with.

Jorge finally got a helicopter, which he wanted for awhile. He's had a couple before, but they broke (Well, he crashed them pretty bad . . . ). I have to say that this one has already lasted longer than the others. Elena likes to watch it fly around. Ginger goes crazy barking at it when he flies it outside.

Elena also likes to play with the remote control car. She will control it a little bit by herself, but usually she wants Jorge or me to control it. 

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment