Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just One Week

It's amazing how fast time has been flying by.

Poor Elena woke up in the middle of the night Friday throwing up next to me. It was a stomach bug that passed super quickly, but she wasn't feeling great all weekend.
She's a real trooper, though, because she still managed to have a good time. Here she is playing with her oatmeal "sandbox."
And she enjoyed a visit from my mother-in-law.She's cooking something up.She's making something for me here, too.I made a felt board for her. You can probably guess which song these pieces are for. And we made play dough. She helped. She really likes to squish it now. I have to watch her closely, since lately she holds everything up to her mouth, then looks at me to tell her not to put it in. Ahh, the testing phase . . . By the way, who would've thought that a toddler wouldn't like getting her hands dirty? I'm always encouraging her to dig right into things (like the finger paint, oatmeal, dirt, the play dough, etc.), but a lot of the time she doesn't want to. I'm glad that she's enjoying the play dough, though, even if her hands do get dirty.

She's so much fun. I've enjoyed every stage, but we really have a blast with her. She has a great sense of humor, likes to hide, and let's us know what she wants. Now when I ask her "How much does Mommy love you?" she puts her arms out to the sides. Lately she's wanted me to sing to her until she falls asleep, rather than read a book, she prefers to play with cups in the bath rather than the actual toys, and she likes to cuddle on the couch when she's getting sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment