Saturday, August 30, 2014

Summer Vacation

We hadn't planned a summer vacation, then we decided to take one practically at the last minute. Luckily Jorge was able to take the time off work, and it was the last week before Elena starts preschool. We went and stayed with Amy for a couple days in Temecula. That was a blast. The kids loved the pool.



I absolutely love her pool! It was warm and relaxing. And the hot tub was also amazing. The water wasn't too hot during the day so Samuel got in with me.


And because she's an awesome sister she surprised me with a birthday cake since I wouldn't be with her on my birthday.


And then we had more pool time.





 

That Monday Amy left for her trip to Thailand and we drove an hour away to a resort in Carlsbad. It was awesome. It had several pools. Elena had lots of practice swimming and it was nice to see her having so much fun in the water. She's come a long way!




We were about a mile away from the beach, so we spent a couple of days there, after the kids' naps. The weather was awesome. It was really warm outside and the water wasn't freezing cold. The kids didn't play in the sand as much as I expected, they both preferred playing in the shallow water, waiting for the waves to come in.

 






 

My birthday was on Wednesday and when I woke up there was a card sitting on the table for me and Jorge surprised me with a cake. I'm so lucky to have him. Surprisingly, turning 30 wasn't a big deal. In my twenties I got both college degrees, got married, and had two babies, so I'm just thankful for those blessings and excited to see what the next several years have in store for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment