Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Elena is 4!

I almost cried today, because in the midst of celebrating Elena's big day, it hit me that she really is 4 years old. I look at pictures of her when she was younger and I'm just blown away by how she's grown. In the last year she grew just shy of 3.5 inches. That's crazy! My little girl is on the tail end of the toddler stage.


How does it go from this



to this?


And in one short school year, from this



to this?


It all goes too fast.

My little sweetheart woke up to balloons. She helped bake a chocolate cake yesterday, and she got to frost it herself today. We went out for frozen yogurt after I picked her up from school, then we came home and she opened a present. Then when Jorge got home we sang her happy birthday, had some cake, and then went to Chucky Cheese for games and pizza. We figured that it was okay to have cake before food today; it is her day, after all! Here are some pictures of her special day.
 
 






Her birthday party is in a week and a half, so she'll get two celebrations.

I feel so blessed to have this little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment