Sunday, August 8, 2010

Elena Rose's First 3 Weeks

Elena Rose is now 3 and a half weeks old! In the first 3 weeks of her life she gained almost 2 pounds! Needless to say, I am feeding her all the time! Overall she is doing very well, and Jorge and I have been adjusting to having a little one. The hardest part is getting up so many times during the night (she wakes up to eat every 2 to 3 hours), especially the times she is really fussy and does not want to go back to sleep. I'm lucky to have a husband who helps out so much; every time I feed her during the night he gets up to change her diaper, and then he helps me put her back to sleep, which is sometimes a challenge. She has changed so much in the last few weeks, she doesn't even look the same. And I can tell that she is filling out every day. She is now starting to focus on things with her eyes, and to look at our faces. I'm still looking forward to seeing her first real smile, and to interacting with her more when she is more alert and social.




1 comment:

  1. She's a cutie!! Glad you are all doing well and adjusting. Nighttime is difficult, I feel for you. What a wonderful time of life!

    ReplyDelete